SPECIAL NOTE: The dates of this Exhibit may change depending on the current health situation. We will keep everyone updated. Stay well and thank you for your continued support of the Chaffee!
Call to artist members and potential artist members to submit work for The Five Senses Exhibit at the Chaffee Art Center that runs from April 17 to May 15, 2020. The Exhibit Opening Reception will be Friday, April 17th from 5pm to 7pm with light tastings, wine and live music.
The theme reflects how the five senses (smell, hearing, taste, touch, sight) help us understand and perceive the world around us. Visitors can view the arts through the five senses with an interactive card that encourages looking at each of the pieces and imagining being in them…What do you hear? See? Smell? Taste? Feel…what textures do you find, and how does it make you feel?
The exhibit will feature individual artists in the first floor galleries highlighting work by Colleen Wilcox, Graham Mears, Lisa Walker, and Robert Waldo Brunelle Jr. The upstairs galleries will showcase juried member artists. Also, featured in the Student Gallery will be student artist member Aaron Berman.
There are still TWO opportunities for an Artist to be featured with their work hung in the foyer area or in the grand stairway. The cost is $100.
All mediums are welcome…fine art, photography, sculptures, clay, fiber, wood, jewelry and more. We encourage submissions to reflect the theme “Northern Comforts,” however, other work is acceptable.
Juried Artist Members:
- May submit 3 pieces.
- Note: Large pieces will need to be discussed on an individual basis.
Featured Room Opportunities:
- Entire room/location such as grand staircase showcasing your work with artist bio & signage, plus mention in our promotion/press releases.
- Number of pieces will depend on size of work.
- Limited availability. Call or email to reserve.
- Cost is $100.
- Please send an email of interest to [email protected]
Exhibit dates: April 17 to May 15, 2020. [NOTE: This is subject to change depending on the current health situation. We will keep everyone updated.]
- All works must be ready for presentation. Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang with appropriate hardware and wiring installed.
- Identification labels, with artist’s name, title of work, medium and price must be attached to the back of each two-dimensional piece and the bottom of each sculpture.
- All artwork must be for sale. Sale proceeds are split 60% to the artist and 40% to the Chaffee Art Center.
- There is a 20% referral fee on work shown in this exhibit and sold within two months of the exhibit close date.
- Due to space limitations, not all pieces are guaranteed to be hung.
Drop Off & Pick Up
Please note dates for drop off of NEW work AND pick up of NORTHERN COMFORTS pieces.
- Friday, April 10…Noon to 5pm
- Saturday, April 11…11am to 3pm
- Please call (802) 775-0356 if there are special circumstances.
Annual Membership Fees:
Chaffee Juried Artist Membership: $90
Chaffee General Membership: $75 for single person, $100 for family
To become a Chaffee Juried Artist Member for this exhibit:
- Complete Entry Form.
- Submit 3 digital images representative of the work you would like to display.
- JPGs should be approximately 8×10 at 144 ppi or 1152 pixels x 1449 pixels.
- Name each JPG with your first initial, last name and image number (example: JSmith1.jpg, JSmith2.jpg, JSmith3.jpg).
- Email to [email protected] and please include on the subject line “Chaffee Exhibit Entry.”
- We do have an on-going jury process for other exhibit opportunities throughout the year, so we encourage all to apply. Read more about Juried Artist Membership.
- Artists will be notified of their acceptance.