For groups of 10 or more SEE BELOW
Individual Walk-ins will be accommodated based on availability. Activities are not available for walk-ins.
We are pleased to offer guided tours and activities to schools, organizations, corporations, and individuals. Our offerings include a historical tour depicting how life was in the 1890’s and fun facts about the family that built and lived in our mansion. Learn about the Chaffee family that built and lived in the mansion. Explore the architecture, hidden gems, family secrets, local lore and more. We can customize any tour to include an art activity or special feature.
The Chaffee Art Center realizes the importance of promoting a culture of inclusion and accessibility, and are continually trying to improve upon this. The first floor galleries and Gallery Shoppe are wheelchair accessible by a ramp from the parking lot around to the front entrance of the building.
Group & Tour Packages
• Guided Tours
• K-12 School Groups
• College and University Groups
• Other Organizations & Groups
Group Rates & Information
• 20-30 minutes tour
• Reservations are required 1 week in advance.
– 10 people: $65
– 20 people: $120
– 30 people: $165
– 30 + by special arrangement and fees
Add $5 per person for (choose one):
• time to peruse the art library or relax in a special nook with tea or coffee and a specialty cookie
• interactive gallery game
Add $10 per person for (choose one):
• See and Sketch
• Spotlight on area artists or Exhibit
• art activity
Art Break +$15pp
• Tour followed by bagged lunch
• In depth tour that includes places others do not go (tour is an hour)
Teacher’s +$10pp (choose one):
• Tour designed for teachers with particular curricular thread in mind (either self-guided with gallery staff support or led by staff. Teacher input on presentation content.)
• Special tour of current exhibit with follow-up time to do an art activity