Call to artist members, potential artist members & artists: submit work for January exhibit “Portraits & Dreams”
The Chaffee January Exhibit is titled Portraits & Dreams. The Opening Reception will be January 10th from 5pm to 7pm…the Exhibit runs from January 10 to February 14, 2020.
All mediums are welcome…paintings, photographs, ink drawings, sculptures and more. We encourage submissions to reflect the “Portrait” theme of the Exhibit. The first floor galleries in our 1890’s mansion will have works on display that are theme-related. The second floor galleries can display other themes along with Exhibit theme.
Welcome are Juried Artist Members representing many mediums such as fine art, photography, jewelry, pottery, and more. There are also opportunities for non-member artists detailed below.
Juried Artist Members:
- May submit 3 pieces at no additional fee.
- May submit a total of 6 pieces for $25. Please email the Chaffee at [email protected] or call (802) 775-0356 if you are interested in this option.
- Note: Large pieces will need to be discussed on an individual basis.
Featured Juried Artist Member Opportunities:
- Entire wall (first floor gallery) showcasing your work with artist bio & signage, plus mention in our promotion/press releases for $50.
- Number of pieces will depend on size of work, but generally 6.
- Limited availability. First come, first served.
- Please send an email of interest to [email protected].
- Become a Chaffee Artist Member. See below for details on how. Potential Artist Members should submit their images to be juried by December 27th to be included in the January 2020 Exhibit.
- Non-member Artist…submit 3 pieces of your work for $50.
- Non-member Artist…submit 6 pieces for $85.
- Non-member Artist…be a Featured Artist with entire wall showcasing your work for $125. Artist bio and signage along with mention in our promotion included.
Exhibit dates: January 10 to February 14, 2020.
- All works must be ready for presentation. Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang with appropriate hardware and wiring installed.
- Identification labels, with artist’s name, title of work, medium and price must be attached to the back of each two-dimensional piece and the bottom of each sculpture.
- All artwork must be for sale. Sale proceeds are split 60% to the artist and 40% to the Chaffee Art Center. There is a 20% referral fee on work shown in this exhibit and sold within two months of the exhibit close date.
- Due to space limitations, not all pieces are guaranteed to be hung (except on those that pay a fee).
Drop Off & Pick Up
Please note dates for drop off of new work AND pick up of Portraits & Dreams Exhibit pieces.
- Friday, January 3rd…Noon to 5pm
- Saturday, January 4th…11am to 3pm
- Please call (802) 775-0356 if there are special circumstances.
Pick up of January Exhibit work:
- Friday, February 14th…Noon to 5pm
- Saturday, February 15th…11am to 3pm
- You can also drop off work on these days for the February 21 to March 20 Exhibit “Northern Comforts” featuring quilts on the first floor gallery walls along with furniture and wood related work.
Annual Membership Fees:
Chaffee Juried Artist Membership: $90
Chaffee General Membership: $75 for single person, $100 for family
To become a Chaffee Juried Artist Member for this exhibit:
- Complete Entry Form.
- Submit 3 digital images representative of the work you would like to display.
- JPGs should be approximately 8×10 at 144 ppi or 1152 pixels x 1449 pixels.
- Name each JPG with your first initial, last name and image number (example: JSmith1.jpg, JSmith2.jpg, JSmith3.jpg).
- Email to [email protected] and please include on the subject line “Chaffee Exhibit Entry.”
- We do have an on-going jury process for other exhibit opportunities throughout the year, so we encourage all to apply. Read more about Juried Artist Membership.
- Artists will be notified of their acceptance.