|Call to Artists for August 2nd Photography Exhibit
Calling All Current and Potential Chaffee Artist Members!
We are excited to announce that the next Chaffee Exhibit will be a juried member photography exhibit, A View from the Other Side, displayed in the Chaffee Art Center’s 1890’s Mansion from August 2 to September 13, 2019. The second floor galleries will showcase the works of our Juried Chaffee Member Artists in a variety of media. The Opening Reception is August 2nd at 5pm.
Details for photographers:
Juried member photographers are encouraged to submit 2 pieces of their work July 26th from Noon to 5pm, and July 27th from 11am to 3pm.
If not a juried Chaffee member, see below for how to become one!
There are also featured photographer opportunities available.
You can be a featured photographer with 3 additional pieces in the exhibit for a fee of $40.
- Each Photographer may bring in a maximum of 2 originals. Due to space limitations, not all pieces are guaranteed to be hung.
- All works must be ready for presentation.
- Identification labels, with photographers name, title of work, and price must be attached to the back of each
- All work must be for sale. Sale proceeds are split 60% to the artist and a 40% to the Chaffee Art Center. There is a 20% referral fee on work shown in this exhibit and sold within two months of the exhibit close date.
For the Upstairs galleries of Juried Member Artist Works:
Chaffee Artist Members can drop off 2 to 3 pieces of your work July 26th from Noon to 5pm, and July 27th from 11am to 3pm. Due to space limitations, not all pieces are guaranteed to be hung.
- All works must be ready for presentation. Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang with appropriate hardware and wiring installed.
- Identification labels, with artist’s name, title of work, medium and price must be attached to the back of each two-dimensional piece and the bottom of each sculpture.
- All artwork must be for sale. Sale proceeds are split 60% to the artist and a 40% to the Chaffee Art Center. There is a 20% referral fee on work shown in this exhibit and sold within two months of the exhibit close date.
Potential Chaffee Artist / Photography Members:
1. Complete Entry Form.
2. Submit 3 digital images representative of the work you would like to submit.
JPGs should be approximately 8X10 at 144ppi or 1152 pixels X 1449 pixels.
Name each JPG with your first initial, last name and image number
(example: JSmith1.jpg, JSmith2.jpg, JSmith3.jpg).
3. Email to [email protected] **Include on subject line ”Chaffee Exhibit Entry”
Please complete and return the application form and email images of the art you plan to exhibit no later than July 22, 2019 to be eligible to exhibit in the August 2nd Exhibit. We do have an on-going jury process for other exhibit opportunities throughout the year, so we encourage all to apply. Each entry must be unique and original. Artists will be notified of their acceptance.
Chaffee Artist Membership Fee is $90 for a year. The Exhibit opportunities are only for Juried Chaffee Artist Members. The following are a few of the member benefits: There are five exhibits scheduled for 2019 for you to display your work; The November 8-January 3 Exhibit is a Member’s Only Show; Listing on Chaffee website with link to yours; Your work is seen by hundreds of people during our many events, classes and programs held at the Chaffee throughout the Exhibit period.