2023 Gingerbread Showcase
The Chaffee Art Center is excited to announce the dates for the 2023 Gingerbread Contest!
Interested bakers, schools, organizations, businesses, families, individuals, and young people are invited to submit their imaginative gingerbread creations. Entries should pre-register.
All entries must be delivered to the Chaffee Art Center on either Wednesday, Dec. 6, 3–5pm; OR Thursday, Dec. 7, 10am–Noon); or by appointment. The gingerbread creations will be on display in our historic 1890’s mansion from the Gingerbread Showcase Reception on December 9th from Noon to 2pm until Dec. 30. Theme: Holiday Magic. Awards in a variety of categories for People’s Choice!
Complete details and entry form can be found at www.chaffeeartcenter.org, 802-775-0356. Happy Baking!
- $10 per Entry. Registration is not required… but is appreciated.
- Must be made from Gingerbread. NO KITS PERMITTED. Designs may be 2D or 3D.
- Open to all ages, individuals, and groups.
- Awards will be announced in a variety of categories for People’s Choice.
- Entries major components must be made of gingerbread. The rest of the display can be constructed and decorated with edible material.
- Internal structural support for large gingerbread entries do not have to be edible as long as it is not visible from any angle. Only 5% of entry can be NOT edible.
- Royal icing strongly recommended. Please remember when choosing your edible materials, that the creations will be on display at room temperature for weeks.
- All structures should be attached to a sturdy base (plywood) enabling it to be free standing. No larger than 14”x14”. NOTE: We will be picking up and moving them, sturdy and not extremely heavy is appreciated.
- All entries must be delivered on either Wednesday, Dec. 6, 3–5pm; or Thursday, Dec. 7., 10am–Noon. Please attach a copy of the entry form to your structure.
- Delivery location is the Chaffee Art Center at 16 South Main Street in Rutland, Vermont.
- All gingerbread creations will be on display from the Gingerbread Showcase Reception on Dec. 9, 12–2pm, until Dec. 30.
- Entries can be picked up on Saturday, Dec. 30, 11am–2pm (or by appointment). Entries not picked up by 2pm on Dec. 30 will become the property of the Chaffee Art Center.
- The Chaffee Art Center reserves the right to not display an entry considered to be inappropriate or not showing quality, and to take out a display that is showing signs of deterioration.
- The Chaffee Art Center and staff/volunteers cannot be held responsible for any damages incurred to the displays while on the Chaffee Art Center’s property.